Suncoast Missions 1(VETS CONNECTION PROJECT)
Suncoast Mission was born out of a burden for those outside the walls of the traditional, institutional church. In particular, we reach out to the hurting, the marginalized, the broken, bruised and banished of our society. These are the very people on whom Jesus focused. He describes His mission as follows: Jesus said “I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit, I was in prison and you came to me…Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.” Matt 25:40 The Message (Msg)
- PEOPLE WITH AIDS (PWA): We support the annual Christmas project in New York City. This partnership provides parties with presents and the sharing of the true Christmas message to thousands of PWA’s every year. Over 2200 have come to know Christ over the last decade. We also support the ongoing follow up of this large and growing family through weekly Bible studies, hospital visits, retreats and outings.
- VetsConnection (VC): VC is a new group aimed at connecting volunteers with Veterans and their families. We support hunting, fishing and other activities that are free to Vets. We assist Vets in learning new skills to supplement their family income. We partner with other volunteer organizations to promote their work with Veterans. You can get full details about this ministry at www.VetsConnection.org
- “Real Freedom”: We partner with addiction centers that have a track record in leading people to a life free of drugs and alcohol. All are long-term, resident programs that deal with every element of addiction, especially the spiritual component. All require an investment of time and a work component.
- Organic Church Planting: We assist those interested in connecting with the body of Christ in a small, intimate atmosphere. These are groups that meet in homes or other facilities owned by one of the members. These groups have no buildings, have no paid staff and are led by “Elders”
- Men of Valor (MOV): Our country is in serious decline spiritually. We encourage men to become “Men of Valor”. A man of valor is one willing to express great courage, boldness and daring in the face of all the challenges our nation is facing today.
Dale & Irene Lawson
After 27 years in vocational ministry, the Lawsons decided to start Suncoast Missions in 2009. The heart of this work is to reach people outside the walls of the traditional church. They minister to those who are “broken, bruised, battered & banished.” Most of the people they target will never walk into a traditional church or are disillusioned by what is going on in the traditional church. They are those that Jesus calls “the least of these”. They have a deep love for these marginalized members of society. The message is simple: in Jesus there is life…real life!
Start Date: ---
End Date: ---